Monday, June 2, 2014

Fisher says Knicks talk is in his future


Derek Fisher says he wants to take a "day or two" to sort through what could be the end of a long and distinguished playing career before he turns his attention to whatever comes next. 

Fisher appears to be the leading candidate for the New York Knicks' coaching vacancy and also may draw interest from the Lakers.

After his Oklahoma City Thunder suffered a season-ending loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday, Fisher told reporters that it was too soon to talk about his future.

“I can’t go there tonight,’’ Fisher said. “It’s too fresh of a wound. It’s possible this truly symbolizes the end of a very long career. I don’t think [with] the emotions I’m feeling now it’s smart to bet on what I’m going to do next. I’m definitely going to take it seriously and consider my options, consider what’s best and go from there. There’s a right way to wrap this season up and show it the proper respect.’’

Fisher said he hasn't talked to the Knicks or Lakers about their coaching vacancies but expects to do so.

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

Rafik Dimian

No comments:

Post a Comment